Acc 252 chapter 3 applying excel
ACC 252 Chapter 3 Applying Excel
Using the attached Excel worksheet and the Applying Excel problem beginning on page 142 of your textbook, complete the following:
1. Open the attached Excel file and type your name in cell D10.
2. Complete the worksheet by creating and entering formulas where you see question marks. Work in sequential order as some formulas have already been created for you. All formulas you create should use cell references only. Where it makes sense, take advantage of the autosum function, linking formulas, and the ability to copy formulas down or across. Harness the power of Excel!!
3. Review Requirement 1 on page 144 to test the accuracy of your worksheet, but you do not need to complete any of the questions. Do make note of the unit product costs under traditional and ABC costing for each of the two products based on the original data. You cannot go on until you validate your worksheet against Requirement 1!
4. Revise your worksheet with the changes indicated in Requirement 2 on page 144. Print out your completed worksheet (it should be two pages portrait style). Handwrite the answers to questions a & b at the top of page 145 on the second page of your printout.
5. Skip Requirement 3 on page 145.
6. Modify your worksheet so that the formulas you entered are visible on the worksheet. Go to the “Formulas” tab and select “Show formulas.” Print out page 3 only (when the formulas are showing, it will require 5 pages to print the entire worksheet) by specifying in the Print Settings that you only want “pages 3 to 3.” Some information will be cut off, but that is okay.
Chapter 3: Applying Excel
Enter a formula into each of the cells marked with a ? below
Review Problem: Activity-Based Costing
Annual sales in units 2.000 10.000
Direct materials per unit $25 $17
Direct labor-hours per unit 5 4
Direct labor rate $12 per DLH
Overhead Expected Activity
Activities and Activity Measures Cost Deluxe Tourist Total
Labor related (direct labor-hours) $80.000 ? ? ?
Machine setups (setups) 150.000 3.000 2.000 ?
Production orders (orders) 70.000 100 300 ?
General factory (machine-hours) 250.000 12.000 28.000 ?
Compute the predetermined overhead rate
Estimated total manufacturing overhead (a) ?
Estimated total amount of the allocation base (b) ? DLHs
Predetermined overhead rate (a) ÷ (b) ? per DLH
Compute the manufacturing overhead applied Deluxe Tourist
Direct labor-hours per unit (a) ? DLHs ? DLHs
Predetermined overhead rate (b) ? per DLH ? per DLH
Manufacturing overhead applied per unit (a) × (b) ? ?
Compute traditional unit product costs Deluxe Tourist
Direct materials ? ?
Direct labor ? ?
Manufacturing overhead applied ? ?
Traditonal unit product cost ? ?
Compute activity rates Estimated
Activities Cost Total Expected Activity Activity Rate
Labor related ? ? DLHs ? per DLH
Machine setups ? ? setups ? per setup
Production orders ? ? orders ? per order
General factory ? ? MHs ? per MH
Compute the ABC overhead cost per unit Deluxe Tourist
Activity Expected Expected
Activities Rate Activity Amount Activity Amount
Labor related ? ? ? ? ?
Machine setups ? ? ? ? ?
Production orders ? ? ? ? ?
General factory ? ? ? ? ?
Total overhead cost assigned (a) ? ?
Number of units produced (b) ? ?
ABC overhead cost per unit (a) ÷ (b) ? ?
Compute the ABC unit product costs Deluxe Tourist
Direct materials ? ?
Direct labor ? ?
ABC overhead cost per unit (see above) ? ?
ABC unit product cost ? ?
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!