Building a webpage | Computer Science homework help
For this assignment, you’re going to continue building on the website we discussed in Week 1. If you recall, during Week 1 we spent some time talking about a website for the Downtown Restaurant. This week, you will create the first two pages, home.html and contact.html. Now, you have been asked to add a level of personalization to your website to improve the user experience for your customers. To do this, management has asked you to greet the customers by their first and last name and also display the current weather where they live. You will do this by creating a cookie that stores the customer’s name and location, and you will use that information to customize the contact page. When they first login, the users will be greeted by the information stored in the cookie. Be sure when you add these elements they flow well with your established UI (User Interface).
- Add a cookie to your website that contains the customer’s name and location.
- Use the sessionStorage property to display the current date on the page along with the day of the week.
- Use the cookie to display the customer’s name on the contact page.
- Use the cookie to display the weather where the customer lives.
- Use comments within the home page of your website to indicate the changes made. Include the name of the cookie you are using and the information you are storing.
- Provide at least one image on one of your pages.
- Provide at least one URL on one of your pages.
- Provide 3-5 meta tags between the two pages.
- Submit the html files that you modified and include a MS Word document with the code used to create and retrieve the information from your cookie.
Resources and References
HTML5 web storage – What is web storage – Tutorial Republic web site (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.tutorialrepublic.com/html-tutorial/html5-web-storage.php (Links to an external site.)
HTML5 web storage – SP Lessons web site (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.splessons.com/lesson/html5-web-storage/ (Links to an external site.)
Window sessionStorage property – definition and usage – W3CSchools web site (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/prop_win_sessionstorage.asp
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!