Cognitive behavioral theory versus rational emotive behavior theory
Assignment 1: Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory
While cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) have many similarities, they are distinctly different therapeutic approaches. When assessing clients and selecting one of these therapies, you must recognize the importance of not only selecting the one that is best for the client, but also the approach that most aligns to your own skill set. For this Assignment, as you examine the similarities and differences between CBT and REBT, consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your clients.
· Compare cognitive behavioral therapy and rational emotive behavioral therapy
· Recommend cognitive behavioral therapies for clients
· Review the media in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Reflect on the various forms of cognitive behavioral therapy.
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following:
· Briefly describe how cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) are similar.
· Explain at least three differences between CBT and REBT. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a mental health counselor.
· Explain which version of cognitive behavioral therapy you might use with clients and why. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references.
Resources for reference( 3 + references)
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 8, “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy” (pp. 313–346)
Required Media ( can be googled)
Ellis, A. (2012). Albert Ellis on REBT [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!