Foot printing | Information Systems homework help
This hands-on guide demonstrates how to conduct “Footprinting of a network” The best way to ensure your infrastructure is secure is to understand the steps an intruder may use to footprint a reconnaissance a network.
Choose one of the below paths Easy or Hard provide screenshots and a summary of your findings, “If you do both, you will receive extra credit.”
This exercise is exploratory (no right or wrong answer)
GUI – Easy
1. Go to dnschecker.org input “www.motionborg.com“
- Go through the text records (A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, NS, PTR, SRV, SOA, TXT, CAA) In a word document copy and paste the information (Blue Text) of all the Text Record information
2. Use Sam Spade to get more information about the network, what ever you find put it in the word document as well. Sam Spade Video (If you do not like this video Google Sam Spade Footprinting)
3. Use Command Prompt: Run Traceroute on www.motionborg.com to get more details see document here
4. Use Command Prompt to Use nslookup see document here
- Is the site www.motionborg.com secure with SSL? is the site vulnerable to script injection attacks?
- Look at the source code does anything stand out to you?
- What did you find out about the network?
- Are other networks connected to it?
- Is it a Linux or Windows server
- Based on your findings what are some vulnerabilities
Note: It is really easy to get stuck in the Matrix, do not dive to in-depth – just the surface of gathering information.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!