Gordon rule paper 1: virtual music event critique | MUL2380 | Miami-Dade College
During the semester in which the student is enrolled in MUL2380, one VIRTUAL musical event will be attended and you will critique the performance you view. Choose from one of the musical events below to watch a virtual concert and write a Virtual Music Event Critique on the concert you watch.
For proof of attendance, provide a screen shot of you watching the event on your device.
Click on links below for some concerts from which to choose:
- Write about your experience to include the following:
- Include answers to the journalistic questions of “who, what, when, where, and why.”
- Be specific about when and where the event occurred. Describe the setting for the event and type of venue where the event took place.
- Describe the performers and include information about the name of the band or performers, instrumentation, setting, costuming, and stage behavior.
- Please make sure to answer the following questions in your paper:
- Were the musicians “engaged” or did they appear to be just going through the motions of performing?
- Did they communicate subtly with each other while performing?
- Did they simply provide music, or did they actively communicate with their audience?
- Did they seem polished and skilled? Describe in detail two songs that you especially liked.
- Were particular musicians featured in instrumental of vocal solos?
- What was the style of the music?
- What was it that you enjoyed about these songs?
- Describe the make-up and behavior of the audience.
- Did the audience attend to the music or treat it indifferently?
- With regard to the event, was the music the primary or secondary focus?
- Did you enjoy the event?
- What was it that made it enjoyable or not enjoyable?
- What do you recall most vividly about the experience?
- Your paper should be three (3) full pages in length (approximately 280 words per page), double-spaced, written in 12 pt font, and must conform to MLA guidelines. Do not use extra spaces between paragraphs. Remember to begin with your thesis statement and purpose and end with a summary that restates your opening statement, using different words. Remember to use your own words–paraphrase all work and cite all sources. Your work will run through SafeAssign to check for plagiarism.
- Type your paper into a Microsoft Word document, save the file and then upload the file.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!