Resources and capabilities (discussion )
This week, our discussion thread is centered on the resources and capabilities of the firm.
- Which should be the primary basis for formulating strategy: The external market or the internal resources and capabilities?
- Provide an example of a company in KSA whose strategy has been based upon developing a set of capabilities and then applying them to different product markets.
- Identify two key resources and two capabilities of the company.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
In your response to student posts, clearly express the distinction between resources and capabilities.Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (which require supporting citations) in your initial response along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references. Use APA style guidelines.You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question and/or your instructor’s response to your posting. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post’s answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Chapter 5 in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Chapter 5 PowerPoint slides Chapter 5 PowerPoint slides – Alternative Formats in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Raasch, M., Silveira-Martins, E., Gonçalves Tondolo, V. A., & Luiz de Moura, G. (2020). Productive Dynamic Capability, Environmental Uncertainty, and Organizational Performance: An Analysis of Micro and Small-Sized Agroindustries in Southern Brazil. Brazilian Journal of Management / Revista de Administração Da UFSM, 13(5), 1068–1072. https://doi.org/10.5902/1983465941355.
- Capps III, C. J., Cassidy, C. M., Gravois, R., & Warner, J. A. (2019). Expanding the Competitive Profile Matrix: Introducing the Production/Operations Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance/Accounting, Research and Development, and Information Systems Competitive Profile Matrices. Journal of Business Strategies, 36(1), 59–69.
- Shan, S., Luo, Y., Zhou, Y., & Wei, Y. (2019). Big data analysis adaptation and enterprises’ competitive advantages: the perspective of dynamic capability and resource-based theories. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 31(4), 406–420. https://doi.org/10.1080/09537325.2018.1516866
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!