Socw 6361 week 3 paper – project: part 1: identification of a social | SOCW 6361 – Social Policy: Analysis and Advocacy | Walden University
As an astute social worker and professional policy advocate, you must be adept at identifying social problems that exist in your community or in an agency or organization with which you are acquainted. Once you have selected a social problem, you begin the process of creating and implementing a policy that addresses that social problem.
In this assignment, you identify and describe a current social problem. You also identify a policy created and implemented to address the problem. This is the first part of your Social Change Project final assignment.
Complete Part 1 of your Social Change Project – Substance Use Disorder
Address the following items in a 3-4 page paper:
· Describe a current social problem. How might this problem be incongruent with social work values/ethics?
· How/when has this problem been identified historically, and what were the actions taken to address this concern?
· How have the groups affected by this concern changed over time?
· Describe the policy area related to this social problem.
· Is the policy identified by your group dictated by local, state, or federal statute—or a combination thereof?
· What are the different aspects of the policy?
· How long has the current policy been in place?
· Who supports and who opposes the policy?
· What changes/amendments have been made to the policy?
· Explain how this policy affects clients you might see in a clinical setting and why, as a clinical social worker, it would be important to advocate for change.
At least 4 References and citations.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!