Special education presentation | Education homework help
Special educators need to understand how to include and engage general educators in the IEP process. They also need to have a firm understanding of the research behind inclusive classrooms for special education students, the benefits of inclusion settings, and their potential drawbacks.
Refer to and utilize the “Individualized Education Program (IEP) Blank Template” and the “New York City Board of Education Individualized Education Program Blank Template” as needed to inform the topic assignment.
Create a 15-20 slide digital presentation for professional development for general education teachers on the topics of IEPs, inclusive classrooms, and team teaching. Your digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately. Address the following within the presentation:
- Explain each major section of an IEP, specifically discuss where teachers can locate accommodations that are needed in the classroom setting.
- Describe what an inclusive classroom setting looks like and when it may be the most beneficial setting for students with disabilities. Include specific examples of students with disabilities being appropriately placed in an inclusive setting.
- Explain the importance of culturally responsive teaching and include three examples of culturally responsive instructional strategies that could be employed in the inclusive classroom setting.
- Describe three team teaching models and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Support your presentation with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of the assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!