True or false | Science homework help
True or False
1) Pricing strategies tend to change and evolve as the average product passes through its life cycle.( )Page Ref: 314
2) For market skimming to be successful, the cost of producing a smaller quantity of goods should not be higher than the prices charged.( )Page Ref: 315
3) When The Candy Store sets a low initial price in order to get its “foot in the door” and to quickly attract a large number of buyers, the company is practicing market-skimming pricing.
( )Page Ref: 315
4) Pricing is difficult because various products have related demand and costs, and producers face different degrees of competition.( )Page Ref: 315
5) In product line pricing, the price steps should account for differences in customer perceptions of the value of different features.( )Page Ref: 316
6) Thinking Cap Corp. prices its various cap designs at different price levels, ranging from $2.05 to $5.95. This is an example of optional product pricing.( )Page Ref: 316
7) In addition to its customary services, On the Spot, a house mover, also sells the boxes and padding that are used when moving household furniture. This is an example of customer-segmented pricing.( )Page Ref: 316
8) When a manufacturer seeks a market for by-products and accepts a price that covers more than the cost of storing and delivering those by-products, the manufacturer is able to reduce the main product’s price to make it more competitive.( )Page Ref: 317
9) Some industries commonly use two-part pricing, breaking the price down into a fixed fee and a fixed usage rate.( )Page Ref: 317
10) When using product bundle pricing, sellers combine several of their products and offer the bundle at an increased price for increased profit.( )Page Ref: 317
11) Consumers who have no past experience with a product are especially likely to judge it by its price.( )Page Ref: 319
12) A seasonal discount is a price reduction to buyers who buy merchandise while the products are in season.( )Page Ref: 318
13) Online flash sales are used to create buying urgency and make buyers feel lucky to have gotten in on the deal.( )Page Ref: 321
14) If used infrequently, price promotions create “deal-prone” customers who wait until brands go on sale before buying them.( )Page Ref: 322
15) Constantly reduced prices can erode a brand’s value in the eyes of customers.
( )Page Ref: 322
16) In segmented pricing, the difference in prices is based on differences in costs.
( )Page Ref: 318
17) For segmented pricing to be an effective strategy, the prices should reflect real differences in customers’ perceived value.( )Page Ref: 319
18) Sellers cannot influence or use consumers’ reference prices when setting prices.
( )Page Ref: 319
19) Customers located close to a firm are less likely to benefit from FOB-origin pricing than customers located further away.( )Page Ref: 322
20) The uniform-delivered pricing strategy means that the goods sold are placed free on board a carrier with the customer paying the freight from the factory to the destination.
( )Page Ref: 322
21) Dynamic pricing is least prevalent online.( )Page Ref: 323
22) Excess capacity leads to companies initiating an increase in price.( )Page Ref: 325
23) Launching a fighter brand is an effective way to deal with a situation in which the market segment being lost is price sensitive and will not respond to arguments of higher quality.
( )Page Ref: 329
24) Price discrimination is permissible if the seller manufactures different qualities of the same product for different retailers and can prove that the price difference is proportional.
( )Page Ref: 330-331
25) The widespread use of scanner-based computer checkouts has eradicated complaints of retailers overcharging their customers.( )Page Ref: 331
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!