Week 8 signature assignment: microbial journal article review
In this assignment, students will review a microbial journal article.
Choose one article from a primary scientific literature source that uses a microbe as a model organism/system and write a comprehensive summary of the study that answers the following questions:
Choose one article from a primary scientific literature source that uses a microbe as a model organism/system.
NOTE: Many free articles may be obtained from http://www.pubmed.gov or visit the WCU library.
Write a summary of the study that includes:
- Why did the scientists perform the study (i.e., description of background)?
- What was the hypothesis (or hypotheses) under investigation?
- What were the major results and did they support or negate the hypothesis? Which key techniques were used to achieve these results?
- Why are the results significant and do they point to further/future studies? In other words, why does this article matter and what should or could be done next?
- Why did you choose this particular article to review? Was it interesting, informative, clearly written, or none of the above?
Compose your review in current APA Style and include:
- A title page
- Answers to the questions above in paragraph format (2 or more pages)
- A reference page with the reference for your article and any other sources used in your review.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!